Although we’re mainly surrounded by ones and zeroes, there’s a lot more numbers that come into play at the financial side of In The Pocket. Keeping a good overview of the charts and numbers is essential for a digital product studio that keeps growing, and we need talented people to do it. That’s why we’re on the lookout for a gifted accountant to help us steer the ship in the right direction and continue our road to success. Are you up for the challenge?
As our new accountant you’ll be responsible for:
Accounting and taxation:
- Own our general accounting operations: by processing transactions and using analytics, you keep our records compliant with BE GAAP and our analytical management system.
- Analyse & monitor our balance sheet and income statement
- Consolidate accounting records
- Fulfil our monthly closing process
- Safeguard our tax compliance requirements (VAT, CTX…) and assist in tax audits
- Collaborate with our external auditors and prepare audit files
- Prepare the monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for various stakeholders
- Draw up annual reports
- Assist the finance business partner in the preparation of analytical reports and forecasting
Treasury and operations:
- Monitor our cash balances; follow up on accounts receivables & optimize accounts payable
- Support the management of our fleet and insurance plans
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy & taxation
- Preferably 2-3 years experience in accounting
- Hands-on experience with accounting & invoicing software (Exact online, Silverfin, GDS is a plus)
- A keen eye for detail and a strong emphasis on the accuracy of your work
- A structured way of working and excellent organisational skills.
- Able to handle time-sensitive tasks
- Integrity & reliability mean something to you
- Eager to work and learn in a fast-growing organisation
- Fluent in both Dutch & English
In The Pocket is organised in autonomous teams consisting of developers, designers and product managers. By being part of one and the same team, they can develop a product from start to finish. Because every team carries responsibility, working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. We rely on trust and openness, and sharing our learning curve. At In The Pocket there’s time to experiment and budget to develop yourself.
On a personal level we are looking for a colleague who shares our values.
- Ownership: Working at In The Pocket means accepting a high level of autonomy. You take ownership and show the ability to decide and act for the good of the company.
- Integrity: Stick to your values, even when it doesn’t pay off in the short term. In The Pocket relies on trust and openness, which in turn relies on your integrity.
- Lead & Educate: Digital technologies are changing the world. We go all in, head-first. We take the lead in designing and building with emerging technologies. We share our passion and knowledge with as many people as possible.
- Agility: In The Pocket is permanently under construction. We never settle, it’s never done. Observing, adapting and improving is in our nature. That resonates with the people who work here. We are always looking for a better solution, always ready for the next step, pragmatic and committed to move forward.
- Team: As individuals we are bright and talented, as a team we are unbeatable. We are open and positive, constructive and honest. We help and inspire our colleagues to do their best work.
Interested in this job? Apply here!